Industrial Special Risk (ISR) Insurance is a wide coverage property insurance policy that provides cover for a range of loss scenarios or damage done to high value physical assets including property, buildings, materials and machinery.
Due to the complexity of an ISR insurance a full needs analysis to understand the risks faced and develop an appropriate risk protection program for businesses may be required.
Who should consider it?
If you are a business or commercial property owner with insured property or high value assets you should consider getting Industrial Special Risk Insurance.
Whilst it is ideal for medium to larger organisations, ISR Insurance can also be suitable for smaller companies with high value assets.
What can it cover?
An ISR Insurance Policy provides cover for property damage to valuable assets, cover can include:
- Loss and/or damage to buildings, plant and machinery, contents, stock, raw materials, unregistered vehicles and the property of Directors and employees
- Loss of profits, revenue or rentals and/or increased expenses caused by damage to insured property
- Loss of profits, revenue or rentals and/or increased expenses caused by contingent damage to property at the premises of suppliers, customers and utilities
- Burglary, theft of money and employee dishonesty
- Accidental damage and glass breakage
What isn't covered
There are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover, so check with your GSK insurance broker.